This product is for Lauren St. John's The Elephant's Tale - one of the novels in her series of the Legend of the Animal Healer. Set in southern Africa, it deals with the endangerment of African elephants.
I have broken up the novel at logical places, making it into six parts, with a word study and quiz for each part. This unit includes the following:
- Word Study for Part 1 - Ch. 1 to 5; Part 2 - Ch. 6 to 10; Part 3 - Ch. 11 to 16; Part 4 - Ch. 17 to 21; Part 5 - Ch. 22 to 26; & Part 6 - Ch. 27 to 32.
- A one page reading comprehension quiz for each of the above parts, which include True/False, Cause/Effect, Match the persons being described, multiple choice, and sequence.
- Worksheet for bibliographical information and setting,
- Word search to familiarize students with names in the novel and a word scramble that reviews some facts about animal preservation,
- Log for tracking the characters' description and roles in the story,
- Poster Research Project,
- Discuss/Write Essay assignment with directions and student handout
Please see the Preview for some sample pages.
I also sell a study for the first in the Legend of the Animal Healer series:
The White Giraffe