I also have this product available in a Discussion Card format.
Rationale for using Text Evidence and Comprehension packets:
This approach provides a way for students to engage in critical thinking and reflection as they respond to what they have read. Citing textual evidence requires students to look back into the text for evidence to support an idea, answer a question or make a claim. This skill combined with comprehension questions on DOK Levels 1, 2, & 3 leads students to think deeply about what they have read. (Includes questions from each chapter)
- Literature Circles
- Independent Work
- Guided Reading
- Comprehension Check
Quick Set Up!
What I love most about using the Text Evidence & Comprehension packets with my students:
- I love how the text dependent questions give my students confidence as they are able to “prove” their answers.
- With all the technology students have access to, I love that this resource allows them to use an actual pencil and apply handwriting skills.
- Answer key!
What users are saying about my Text Evidence & Comprehension packets:
- Great for accountability and book clubs. –Laura M
- This is a great resource! I love using these comprehension questions for book club discussion! -Allie S
- I love doing these with my kids during our enrichment time! - Jaime D
- Not too overbearing....just the right about of questions for each chapter! - Lisa C
- This was exactly what I needed for independent readers. - Debra L
- Great way to have students practice comprehension while writing. - Shannon V