A fun set of worksheets and activities for learning and reviewing vocabulary related to the face.
Conducting the activity
• Introduce the topic and ask for known vocabulary relating to the face.
• Give each group or table a copy of the flash cards and check / drill pronunciation (learners can use the flashcards to assist them in the next activity if needed).
• Ask learners to colour the face (any colours they choose) and then cut and paste the vocabulary words in the correct places.
• Complete worksheet as a whole class or individually paying particular attention to the initial sounds of words (learners can use the COLOURS sheet below to assist them with spelling if needed).
• Check answers and review or correct information as needed.
• Learners can then create their picture or mask by listening to the teacher and drawing the description they hear (see below for sample listening texts). Learners can then compare the differences / similarities in their pictures and cut out the face to create a mask if they want to.
• Learners can then complete the word search puzzle within a given time frame (they can be asked to use certain colours for certain words to reinforce the vocabulary).
• Teacher can decide to finish the session with a game of Pin The Nose on The Face and / or use one or more of the other activities in the extensions section below.