This has not only the Christmas masterpiece The Gift Of The Magi (1905) by O’Henry (William Sydney Porter) in its entirety, but also the following.
The Author O’Henry Himself,
a True-False Test About O’Henry,
three fun O’Henry Literature Word Searches,
two fun Numbers-To-Letters Cryptogram learning games;
Handy Links About The Gift Of The Magi And O’Henry (articles, books, videos),
How To Align The Gift Of The Magi With The Common Core (CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.1-10):
2. central idea, support details;
3. identify characters, settings, key events or plot—details of and how developed;
4. meanings of words, phrases, metaphors and similes; tied-in extra meanings/ feelings; discuss why certain words/word groups make more interesting or beautiful;
6. Explain different types of point of views such as omniscient, first, second or third person; use of satire, sarcasm, irony, understatement;
7. compare-contrast story with visual;
8. Not applicable to literature.
9. compare-contrast with other literature genres (e.g. mysteries, adventures, poems, short stories, fantasies etc; know names of some of the greatest American writers in the 1700s-early 1900s;
10. actively read this and other literature (e.g. stories, dramas, poems) with understanding.
$ALE$ ETC: CLICK THE tiny green star or Follow Me to get a newsletter (no more sent by me than once a month) telling of new products, sales (usually on some weekends), etc.
Also, this is supportive of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) but does not thereby or otherwise imply any endorsement of approval from the founders or others of the CCSS.
Thanks for coming and please return.
P.S. My teachers' store also includes these about Christmas:
Christmas Math And Literacy Fun, Christmas Carols!, Christmas Bingo!, Christmas Clip Art And Antique Cards!, A Christmas Carol Retold!, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, The Gift Of The Magi, Christmas Candy Canes, The Life And Adventures Of Santa Claus, The Christmas When Demons Kidnapped Santa Claus