Also included in
- This THE GIFT OF THE MAGI [BUNDLE] product allows students to look at themselves and our society. 100+ Slides, Several projects, Group Activities, Graphic Organizers, TASK CARDS assignments, Reader Response, Quizzes: Short Responses and Multiple Choice are activities in this product. This narrativePrice $31.50Original Price $33.00Save $1.50
This O. Henry "THE GIFT OF THE MAGI" [LESSON ACTIVITIES] product allows students to look at themselves and our society. 40+ Slides, Several projects, Group Activities, Graphic Organizers, TASK CARDS assignments, Reader Response, Short response and multiple choice Quizzes are activities in this product. This narrative encourages insightful responses from work. 10th - 12th Graders will love this prose and product. Check it out!
O. Henry's "The Gift of the Magi" tells of a young married couple, James, known as Jim, and Della Dillingham. The couple has very little money and lives in a modest apartment. Between them, they have only two possessions that they consider their treasures: Jim's gold pocket watch that belonged to his father and his grandfather, and Della's lustrous, long hair that falls almost to her knees. One Christmas, as they plan to give modest gifts to each other, something happens to prove their love to and for each other. What happens to this couple?
This 10th - 12th grade canonized work allows students to look at themselves and and their choices for and about mankind.
1. Class Opener/Bell Ringer
- Prewriting Assignment to spark interest in the themes of the prose.
2. THE GIFT OF THE MAGI POD Parties
- Student groups create a video discussion of the text.
3. THE GIFT OF THE MAGI WATCH/Listening Party
- Videos provided for the class to watch and/or listen to different versions of
4. THE GIFT OF THE MAGI Poster Challenge
- Students create their own interpretation of the prose in the form of a poster.
5. THE GIFT OF THE MAGI TASK CARDS
- 24 -item Task Card assignment provided.
6. The Alternate Story
-Students are given the opportunity to rewrite the story to show their creativity
and prove their comprehension of the text.
7. THE GIFT OF THE MAGI DOCUMENTARIES
-Student create documentaries about themes identified in this prose.
8. THE CHRISTMAS AFFAIR
-10-Question Group discussion or group project reflecting the sentiments of
the prose. [ALTERNATE VERSION PROVIDED for other or non-religious
9. TALKIN' 'BOUT THE MONEY
-8-item assignment that has students delving deep into Henry's work.
10. THE GIFT OF THE MAGI Speeches and much, much more
to make your your classroom GREAT!
You may also appreciate:
FIND ME ON THESE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS:
I'm Richard Williams, The Angry Teacher. I've been teaching for 18+ Years , and have amassed quite a bit of knowledge to share. Please consider joining the Angry Teacher family; we'll enjoy having you in the fam!
Please consider checking out the other short story materials and resources in my store.
Also, guys, remember that leaving REVIEWS is a way that TpT gives you credit on products! So let's do it!
Thanks for stopping by!