This is a 60-PAGE Unit Packet for The Giver by Lois Lowry. Everything you need, plus fun activities and projects, to teach the novel! The packet includes the following:
1) TIMELINE PROJECT: Keep students reading by using this engaging, comprehensive project.
2) UTOPIA PROJECTS: A great preview to the novel, but can be done during, or even after, reading. Students will be using the creative side of their brain, asking them to create an advertisement of their perfect Utopia--a fun favorite!
3) CHAPTER QUESTIONS AND JOURNAL: Ensure comprehension of the novel's key points. This is a great tool to help you lead discussion.
4) CHAPTER VOCABULARY AND QUIZZES: An organizer with pre-selected vocabulary, as well as quizzes.
5) CEREMONY OF TWELVE ACTIVITY: Students LOVE this activity (and you will, too)! Assign jobs and perform a mock ceremony. You even get to "release" a couple students of your choice. ;)
6) FINAL EXAM: 25 multiple-choice questions, 5 plot points, and 15 terminology