While teaching The Great Gatsby, I have never had a student say,
• “This is stupid!”
• “Why do we have to read this?”
• “Can’t we just watch the movie?”
Even the most reluctant high school reader can recognize the richness and beauty of
F. Scott Fitzgerald’s great American novel.
• This chapter bundle includes the individual activities that I have students complete during independent reading of each chapter.
• I then use them as discussion guides to steer conversation and check students’ comprehension.
• They are perfect for distribution on a day when a substitute is covering your class.
• I have often coupled and grouped kids together to conduct reading checks and prepare mini-presentations about characterization, plot, symbolism, and theme.
• I created these resources using Word, so you can customize them to target your class’s strengths or weaknesses.
THIS BUNDLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING RESOURCES:
Chapter 1—4 pagess—51 close reading questions
Chapter 2 – 4 pages—24+ questions (some questions have multiple prompts
within them) and 2 charts
Chapter 3—8 pages—23+questions, 2 charts and 2 graphic organizers
Chapter 4—6 pages—25+questions, 2 charts and 2 graphic organizers
Chapter 5—5 pages—31+questions
Chapter 6—5 pages—24+ questions and 1 graphic organizers
Chapter 7—5 pages—37+ questions
Chapter 8—5 pages—35+ questions
Chapter 9—6 pages—1 graphic organizer
• Each chapter has the identical activity filled in for an answer key.
• Please click on preview to note the attractive layout, graphic organizers, and
• I use a clear font.
• I provide space for the student’s responses.
I hope you’ll also check out my other Gatsby items including
---PowerPoint presentations, two for introducing the 20’s and another discussing color symbolism,
---tests, and more.
Just click here to visit my Gatsby Store, Old Sport!
Have a look at my style with a free download of Chapter 5. Click below:
Gatsby Chapter 5 Freebie
Again, thank you. Enjoy!