Our The Great Gatsby Unit Teaching Package has 236+ digital slides of engaging activities
for 1:1 classroom. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity
in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
: 8th - 12th
: 236 slides
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
»»» Print Version
»»» Combo Version
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit
♥ This IS the unit for Gatsby. Vocabulary in context is great. Couldn't do Gatsby without this!
♥ Absolutely, hands-down best resource I have gotten so far! My senior class loved The Great Gatsby and the different activities and resources throughout this unit binder helped with the students' better understanding of the author's purpose and the roaring 20s. Great great resource!
♥ This was an incredible resource to use in my 10th grade classroom. Thank you for such a thorough and engaging unit! I plan on buying more form you in the future!!!
♥ I love all of your products! I have purchased several in the past and just recently bought a couple more for this upcoming school year! Thanks so much for your awesomeness!
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
What is Created for Digital?
··· Our Created for Digital resources take all the trusted, quality instructional tools you know and love and convert them into the digital format you need for your online learners.
Why go Digital?
··· Paperless. No printing.
··· Instant saving ... students work in the file.
··· Technology Proficiency
··· Works on Chromebooks, Android Tablets, and other devices
··· Engaged students
··· Easy group work
··· Paper trail of revisions for teacher to see
··· Teacher Tutorial - access link and how to use this with your learners
··· Microsoft OneDrive user instructions - a step-by-step visual tutorial. This will only take minutes!
··· All slides can be used over and over again.
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
* Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit.
* Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities in the classroom.
··· Intro Notes Prezi
- background into what was happening in the world around Gatsby and the Prohibition Era
- 14-slide Prezi
··· Google Earth Introduction Tour
- West Egg, East Egg, Long Island Sound, and the green light at the end of the pier...they even get to see some of it in 3D zoomed in to the street view. It's rockin awesome.
- 8-location 3D tour across Manhattan
··· Pre-reading Bias Intro Activity
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 11-slide activity
··· Plot Chart Organizer Diagram Arc
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-slide organizer & Answer Key
··· Conflict Graphic Organizer - 6 Types of Conflict
- Learners analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 2-slide organizer & Answer Key
··· Characters Organizer
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 5-slide organizer
··· Settings Organizer
- analyze the main settings using novel quotes
- 2-slide organizer
- Learners analyze the 6 different symbols in the story
- 8-slide organizer
··· Journal - Quickwrite Writing Prompts
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
··· Figurative Language Activity
- analyze and complete 65 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 10-slide bundle (2 parts)
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Symbols
··· 9 Comprehension Pop Quizzes
- a 5-question pop quiz per chapter
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- We've added a Google Forms quiz version that compiles grades into a spreadsheet with learners' names and class periods to make things easier for you to grade all in one place (no auto-grade, though, because of the short-answer format).
··· Vocabulary List and Quiz Assessment
- 150 vocabulary words from the novel
- five 30-question lists & quizzes
- 20-slide Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- We've added a Google Forms quiz version that auto-grades for you and compiles grades into a spreadsheet with learners' names and class periods.
··· Essay and Speech
- 3 response to literature essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay topics and speech grading rubrics
- 6-slide bundle
··· Movie vs. Novel Comparison
- 2-slide Activity
- Learners compare & contrast the movie and novel
*** 236 pages / slides total ***
Enjoy The Great Gatsby, old sport!
»»» OTHER GREAT GATSBY
> Digital 1:1 Complete Unit »»»
> For-Print Complete Unit »»»
> Digital-Print Combo Unit »»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units
for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
> Poetry Unit Complete PowerPoint and Packet - Genres, Forms, Techniques, Devices
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!