THE KISSING HAND contains seven TEACHER-CREATED math and reading activities to extend the story. All activities are in PDF format so they can be printed from any
1. Heart Letter Walk: Find your way from A to Z on the heart path. Start at A and move to each letter of the alphabet in sequence by going to the left, right, up, down or diagonally. Use the wipe off marker.
2. Kissing Hand Number Match: Match the raccoon hands with the hearts to their
correct number hands.
3. Kissing Hand Phonics Game: Help Chester find his way home from school to his Mommy. Pick a picture card and move your token along the path until you come to the letter you hear at the beginning of the picture. First to reach Mommy is the winner.
4. Ordinal Numbers: Follow the directions to place each colored heart on the correct raccoon. (Ordinal numbers one through five).
5. School or Home: Look at each picture and decide if its is something you would do at school or at home. Place each picture on the correct side of the sorting mat.
6. Creative Writing: Write/draw what you were afraid of on the first day and what made you feel better.
7. Raccoon Mask: Put on the mask and have fun pretending you are Chester.
8. Parent Letter explaining how to do the activities