Also included in
- Use this creepy, freaky, and spooky short stories unit to engage your students in reading and writing. This is the perfect unit to use around Halloween, but it can be used at any point in the year! These stories are always a huge hit with my students! WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE♥$23.99$34.93Save $10.94
- Use this creepy, freaky, and spooky digital short stories unit to engage your students in reading and writing. This is the perfect unit to use around Halloween, but it can be used at any point in the year! This is a digital and print bundle which means that there are PDF and Powerpoint files for$31.99$55.92Save $23.93
Teach The Landlady by Roald Dahl to get your middle/high school students in the Halloween spirit! This resource can be used during the Halloween season, but can also be used at any other time during the year!
SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN A BUNDLE. CLICK BELOW!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• 26 Slide PowerPoint presentation to guide you through the lesson. It includes author and short story background info, predictions, vocabulary, analysis notes, and much more.
• Analysis questions that allow students to show their comprehension and analysis of the text.
• A vocabulary activity that has students pair examples from the text with challenging terms to their definition to reveal a mystery word.
• A character analysis activity where students use text evidence to support character traits for the two main characters.
• A newspaper article writing assignment where students write a headline article for what happens to Billy after the story ends.
• A link to watch a film interpretation of the story.
*** Please note that due to copyright reasons, the full text of the story is NOT included. If you would like a copy of the story, you can search "The Landlady Full Text" in an internet search engine. ***
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
♥ My students really enjoyed these materials, as did I.
♥ This is a GREAT resource to help with a fun, spooky story. The very well-designed booklet format asked good questions and got high quality writing from all my students.
♥ A nice product, as always! I love the folded booklet style response. I love Roald Dahl and I'm excited to introduce this story to my 9th graders this week!
♥ Thanks! My students were thoroughly creeped out!
♥ Used this last week with my eighth graders and they loved it. Gotta love Roald Dahl. Thanks so much for this resource!
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans