Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our Maze Runner Unit Teaching Package has 370+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
NOVEL: Maze Runner by James Dashner
TOTAL: 370+ slides/pages in lesson plan unit
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
Save $$$ and buy the bundle. »»» Print Version »»» Digital-only Version (coming soon...) »»» Combo Version (coming soon...)
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit:
♥ A great resource! My students really enjoyed this unit...and so did I! It was all very easy to follow and engaging for the students. Thank you!
♥ Wow! Very comprehensive, much more than I will have time to use!
♥ This was a vital resource for teaching the Maze Runner. I liked the appealing format.
♥ WOW! Just finished using this packet with a small group of 5th grade students. Loved, loved, loved the packet! It saved me so much time and is extraordinarily well done! Thank you so much.
♥ My students LOVED this! We created teams, and the team with the highest amount of points at the end of the unit got to skip the test and watch the movie in a separate room! Talk about COMPETITIVE!
♥ This is an excellent resource and I highly recommend it. My students are reading a novel they enjoy and are learning so much as they do it. Thank you!
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
* Suggested timeline of how a teacher could plan out the unit.
* Detailed explanations of the goals of each activity and how to conduct the activities in the classroom.
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 11-page activity
- Introduces students to the concept of utopias and dystopias; provides examples from real life, novels, and film
- 23-slide PowerPoint
- discuss the definitions of all the slang
- 2-page organizer (answer key included)
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer & answer key
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict
- 2-page organizer & answer key
- analyze the main characters
- 5-page organizer
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete dozens of figures of speech specific to the novel
- 10-page bundle (2 parts)
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Symbols
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 70-question PowerPoint
- Students work in groups to map out the 4 quadrants of the Glade
- 3-page activity
- 120 vocabulary words from the novel
- four 30-question quizzes
- 16-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer key
- Students record selfie video for the world to know what's going on in the Glade
- 1-page activity
- a 5-question pop quiz per 3 chapters
* 114-slides of PowerPoint Quizzes & Keys
* 57-pages of Printable Quizzes
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- Students write or record a response to the Chancellor's memorandum to her associates about the success of the Maze Variables.
- 1-page activity
- 3 persuasive essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
- compare and contrast the movie and novel
- 2-page group comparison
*** 370+ pages / slides total in lesson plan unit ***
NOTE: Every PowerPoint includes both the PowerPoint Show and the customizable .ppt file.
Enjoy The Maze Runner! And keep running!
»»» OTHER MAZE RUNNER AWESOMENESS
> Digital 1:1 Complete Unit (coming soon...)»»»
> Digital-Print Combo Unit (coming soon...)»»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY:
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
»»» POETRY UNITS:
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!