Also included in
- This bundle of 7 lesson plans explores Canadian Indigenous themes using reading workshop and writing workshop.Lesson Overview:Dancer by Vickie Sears (short story) - Activities used: story reading, characterization mini-lesson, writer's craft discussion, character analysis activity (printable include$9.99$13.93Save $3.94
This engaging and detailed lesson plan for the short story "The Medicine Bag" by Virginia Driving Hawk Sneve uses reading workshop and writing workshop to explore the importance of culture from the perspective of Canadian Indigenous peoples.
- Student Choice Reading
- Book Talk Option
- Short Story Reading (link to story included)
- Mini-Lesson: Plot (link to notes included)
- Small Group Activity - Outlining Plot
- Narrative Graphic Organizer (graphic organizer included)
- Writer's Notebook - Journal Prompt (printable included)
- Music Video: Hina Na Ho by Susan Aglukark
Lesson is suitable for grades 7 to 12.