The attached Word document includes 4 short answer questions. These questions require both critical and creative thinking. They also require students to exercise their inferencing abilities and make personal connections.
This handout could be used as a "ticket in" / "ticket out" comprehension activity and/or as homework.
Since it is in Word Doc format, you can easily edit any aspect of this product should you wish to (e.g. removing / adding more questions, changing the margin size, changing the font size). It can also be modified to suit the various needs (e.g. IEP modifications, accommodations, etc.) of your students.
Other SHORT STORY comprehension handouts available:
* THANK YOU MA'AM BY LANGSTON HUGHES COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
* THE TELL TALE HEART BY EDGAR ALLAN POE COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
* THE NECKLACE BY GUY DE MAUPASSANT COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
* THE NECKLACE PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT, MEDIA PROJECT, GRADE 6 7 8
* JUST LATHER, THAT'S ALL BY HERNANDO TELLEZ COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
The Monkey Paw
W W Jacobs
The Monkey Paw Questions
The Monkey Paw Activities
The Monkey Paw Worksheets
The Monkey Paw Lessons
The Monkey Paw Handouts
The Monkey Paw Assessments
The Monkey Paw Discussion
The Monkey Paw Inferencing
The Monkey Paw Reading Comprehension
The Monkey Paw Close Reading
Middle School Reading
Middle School Writing