INCLUDED IN THE THIS PACKET:
• One 30-minute script
• One acting activity
• One playwrighting activity
• One drawing activity
• Four poster graphic options for performances
• Five graphic options for bulletin boards
• Six graphic options for frames
Flexible: 12 female & 12 male roles
• This script is perfect for performances or classroom acting projects.
• This could also be used as Reader’s Theatre in the classroom which helps promote reading fluidity by repetition.
• The supplemental activities also promote literacy through important writing skills and support classroom writing practices.
Excellent summer camp project!
Upper elementary levels. This was originally written for and performed by third graders. However, the language and storyline are complex enough to be used through 4th or 5th grade.
Monster children do not have it easy these days with teachers like Mistress Stiffwell. Her latest journal assignment “What Are You Going to be When You Grow Up?” is due tomorrow and panic has set in. How will the students decide in less than twenty-four hours what they are going to be for the rest of their lives? Will they flunk third grade? This 30-minute comedy is humorous but also strikes a poignant, poetic tone as young Jonathan Livingston Toilet Monster and his classmates grapple with the big questions of who they are and what they are destined to become.