"THE SILLY SENTENCES GAME" reinforces the discrimination among the 4 types of sentences (declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory). The kids love it because the sentences are foolish. It can be used individually or with 2-3 players.
You are purchasing a file to print "THE SILLY SENTENCES GAME" which consists of a gameboard which may be printed to any size and 60 silly sentence cards. Printable answer pages are included which correspond to each card page and are to be printed on the back.
You will need:
1 dice cube and 1-3 game pieces
Instructions: (For 1-3 players)
1. Place the cards on the gameboard with answers facedown.
2. Each player throws the dice cube, reads the card, and gives the sentence type for the top card in the stack. (Answers are on back.)
3. If correct, the player advances the number shown on the dice cube, and the card is placed in a discard pile.
4. If the answer is incorrect, the player does not advance. The card remains in the pile and is placed at the bottom of the stack.
5. The first player to reach the "END" square is the winner!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License