The Sword in the Tree, by Clyde Bulla, has a content and interest level for 5th, 6th, and 7th grade, yet is written in an easy reading lower lexile. This novel study follows suit. The novel makes a great read-aloud, too, and these Quick Quizzes will also work well with that.
Included in this unit are:
- a Quick Quiz for each chapter - either True/False, Cause/Effect, Who Did or Said?, Sequence, or Multiple Choice (choice of three), ANSWERS INCLUDED,
- a word study page for spelling stumblers in the novel,
- a word search and log for students' scores on quizzes,
- Writing/Discussion prompts in task card format - one for each chapter plus one for post novel,
- a mapping activity for events in the novel,
- teacher notes and log of quizzes and prompts.
Please see the Preview for some samples of the Quick Quizzes.