This assignment, based on Edgar Allan Poe's classic short story, requires students to think critically about the MOOD and TONE throughout the story.
- PART ONE: Students analyze scenarios from everyday life and evaluate the mood/tone of each.
- PART TWO: Students analyze quotes from the story and evaluate the mood/tone of each.
- PART THREE: Students dissect vocabulary terms with a modified version of the Frayer Model.
- PART FOUR: Students analyze different phrases in order to match them to the tone they represent.
- EXTENSION ACTIVITY: Students create a paragraph that analyzes the different moods, while requiring them to practice writing quotations properly.
* NOTE: This product is designed as a stand-alone activity; however, it is also a component of "THE TELL-TALE HEART" COMPLETE UNIT, which can be purchased from my store for a DISCOUNT!