The attached Word document includes 4 short answer questions. These questions require both critical and creative thinking. They also require students to exercise their inferencing and summarizing abilities.
This handout could be used as a "ticket in" / "ticket out" comprehension activity and/or as homework.
Since it is in Word Doc format, you can easily edit any aspect of this product should you wish to (e.g. removing / adding more questions, changing the margin size, changing the font size). It can also be modified to suit the various needs (e.g. IEP modifications, accommodations, etc.) of your students.
Other SHORT STORY comprehension handouts available:
* THANK YOU MA'AM BY LANGSTON HUGHES COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
* THE NECKLACE BY GUY DE MAUPASSANT COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
* THE NECKLACE PHOTOGRAPHY PROJECT, MEDIA PROJECT, GRADE 6 7 8
* JUST LATHER, THAT'S ALL BY HERNANDO TELLEZ COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
* THE MONKEY PAW BY WW JACOBS COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS HANDOUT
The Tell Tale Heart
The Tell-Tale Heart
Edgar Allan Poe
The Tell Tale Heart Questions
The Tell Tale Heart Activities
The Tell Tale Heart Worksheets
The Tell Tale Heart Lessons
The Tell Tale Heart Handouts
The Tell Tale Heart Assessments
The Tell Tale Heart Discussion
The Tell Tale Heart Inferencing
The Tell Tale Heart Reading Comprehension
The Tell Tale Heart Close Reading
Middle School Reading
Middle School Writing