In the Literature Pack you find:
1. Unit Plan: a very detailed unit plan (rationale, content, previous lessons, competencies being developed, description of the ways of teaching the unit)
2. Workbook: Speaking, reading and writing activities, Creative Group Project that students will certainly love, final reinvestment task. Peer evaluation form.
It is a literature unit pack developed for enriched ESL students, however, it can be used in the ELA classroom as well.
This unit has been already implemented in an EESL class. It had great success as students truly enjoyed the creative project. If you want to motivate your students, you must try out the mock trial!
Features of the document:
- differentiated instruction
-no planning and creating - ready to use documents
- creative project included (mock trial)
- it develops reading strategies
- focus on language: imagery (EESL/ELA) and also grammar revision (Simple Past and Past Perfect for EESL)
-project integrating all the 3 EESL competencies (speaking, understanding/reinvestment of understanding, writing)
- feature article (genre required for the MEES exam) - the complex final task is great as a final practice before the ministry exam
- peer evaluation form included
-final complex task is 3 hours - FINAL ASSESSMENT (you can use the Feature Article Handout)
-the unit is planned for 6-7 periods of 75 minutes + final assessment (you can count even more periods to spend on the unit if your students need extra time to carry out the creative project)
- you have all the links to the required resources both in the unit plan and the workbook (copy of the short story, a model for the mock trial, link to the visual aid (short film) and link to the graphic organizer (elements of the short story).
What do your learners need to already know prior to teaching the unit?
- Gothic features
-Elements of the short story/or you can teach it while using the unit (count extra time then for the unit pack)
The unit is for advanced ESL students (Enriched ESL students)
The unit pack can be used in the ELA class, as well.
THE FEATURE ARTICLE POSTER/HANDOUT can be found here: The Feature Article Handout
If you enjoyed this product, feel free to give feedback on it and see my other listings.
SOME OF MY OTHER WORKS:
THE TELL-TALE HEART by A.E. POE Literature Unit Pack
Who Moved My Cheese for Teens Reading Journals 1 to 6 - READERS` COMPANION
HIGH SCHOOL USEFUL TOOLS AND DOCUMENTS
WRITING Practice Workbook - Opinion Text - BACK TO SCHOOL OR ALL YEAR ROUND
Guided Writing Practice Workbook - Storyboard (The Tell-Tale Heart)
All rights reserved. No parts of this document can be copied, shared, posted on a personal or classroom blog or any other website. It is to be used for personal and educational print purposes only.