THE TEMPEST Shakespeare Drama Unit - NO PREP REQUIRED! This curriculum aligned drama unit has 5 x 100 minute detailed lesson plans exploring Shakespeare's The Tempest through a range of performance techniques. A perfect Shakespeare introductory unit, I've done your term planning for you! This unit comes with detailed instructions, scene extracts for in-class performance (no need to source separately) including modern language and amended extracts and Shakespearean insult drama cards (and activities).
Note on timing: you may like to take some of the activities slower than indicated. I have jam packed the unit on purpose (with options for extension activities) so you have plenty of options for dynamic classes.
- 5 x 100 Minute Detailed Lesson Plans
- Homework Tasks
- Full Script (nicely formatted)
- Amended Scene Extracts (for use in classes)
- Shakespearean Insults Drama Cards and Activities
- Additional and Extension Activities
- Differentiation Activities
KEY VOCABULARY: Characterization. Physical Theater. Freeze Frame (tableaux). Stereotypes. Status. Shakespearean Language. Soundscape
Hot Seating. Drama Cannon
UNIT AIMS: Students are introduced to Shakespearean language and characters through exploration of The Tempest.
- Use Shakespearean language
- Explore status
- Use Shakespearean language
- Use a variety of dramatic conventions
- Explore complex characters
- Learn lines and engage with the language of Shakespeare
- Understand the structure of the play
- Perform duologues
- Perform group scenes
- Improvise themed scenarios
- Perform the Play Climax
- Understand the themes of the play
- Explore soundscape
- Explore whole class performance
- Explore physical theater
LOOKING FOR MORE DRAMA RESOURCES?
DRAMA GAMES: Drama Trunk has free collections of drama games and activities available to download.
DRAMA CARDS: Never be stuck for a drama activity again with Drama Trunk Drama Cards.
DRAMA TRUNK DRAMA CARDS ARE A DRAMA TEACHER'S BEST FRIEND! Just print, laminate (optional) and cut out a set of versatile drama cards that you can use over and over again. I cannot count how many times and ways I have used drama cards – absolutely my most handy drama resource.
Use DRAMA TRUNK drama cards for tons of creative, fun, imaginative, any day activities, including:
• Drama games (including last minute activities)
• Warm ups
• Team building and cooperation activities
• Improvisation / quick thinking
• Audition / rehearsal activities
• Language activities
• Guided learning
• Listening skills
Combine the use of multiple cards for even more activities, challenges and ideas (you will have a HUGE amount of drama activities ready to go when needed).
******** DRAMA CARD BUNDLE ********
The following 17 DRAMA TRUNK drama card sets are available individually or as a CLASSIC BUNDLED PACK
******** EVEN MORE DRAMA CARDS ********
CHECK OUT THE FOLLOWING CARDS AVAILABLE INDIVIDUALLY (NOT PART OF A BUNDLE) AT MY STORE:
FORBIDDEN WORD SCENES
THEATRE / THEATER STYLES
+ MORE AVAILABLE
Stay tuned to my page DRAMA TRUNK
for more fantastic drama resources (coming soon) – from drama activities and classes for little people; primary school level drama; secondary curriculum, added drama cards and more...
Please note that this product is for personal classroom or home school use by a single purchaser only. You may not distribute, copy or modify this product other than for your own personal, non-commercial classroom use.
© Drama Trunk. All rights reserved.