Thanks for downloading Miss Mac Makes ‘The Three Billy Goat's Stuff’ unit. A perfect resource to use when looking at fractured Fairy Tales. This resource is to be used alongside the story “The Three Billy Goat’s Stuff- Written by Bob Hartman.
This resource comes with 18 pages of resources to use. It is a comparative unit looking at the original tale of the 3 Billy Goats Gruff and the Fractured version.
- Various Venn Diagram designs, with cut and paste options. For the cut option simply fold along the black line and cut up the dotted line.
- A Venn diagram answer sheet- colour coded.
- Draw and label the elements of both the fractured and original (Characters, setting, problem and solution)
- Comparison of the elements that have changed and stayed the same
- Comparison of the 2 endings
- A story map template for both the original and fractured version.
- A retell graphic organizer for both (2 options- dotted thirds and plain) using the language beginning, middle and end.
- Character traits of the troll mind map.
My students loved comparing the 2 fairy tales and the fractured version has a really nice authors message as well about bullying. I hope that your children enjoy this weekly unit as much as mine. Another activity I did was put them into small groups and they drew the characters and stuck them onto paddle pop sticks. They then orally retold the story to the class after some rehearsals.