THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR WORKSHEET PACK (BASED ON ERIC CARLE’S BOOK THE VERY HUNGRY CATERPILLAR)
Drawing, coloring, cutting, gluing, sorting, counting, writing, sequencing, thinking… and much more!
This worksheet pack was created as a supplement to Eric Carle’s children book The Very Hungry Caterpillar. All the tasks are based on the story, ideas and struggles of the hungry caterpillar.
All 18 worksheets are very neatly structured (without any frames or other embellishments) and the instructions are clear and simple.
Worksheets come in both colored and B&W versions (with the exception of 4 worksheets where colors are omitted for the task).
THE HUNGRY CATERPILLAR WORKSHEET PACK INCLUDES:
PRE-WRITING PRACTICE (graphomotor skills)
- Practicing straight vertical lines (Trace the lines and then draw your own lines to finish the drawing of a caterpillar – hairs, legs, belly.)
- Practicing straight horizontal lines (Trace the lines and then draw your own lines to create lollipop sticks for the caterpillar.)
- Practicing zig zag lines (Trace the lines and then draw your own lines to create the sun so that the caterpillar can pop out of the egg.)
- Practicing wavy lines (Trace the lines and then draw your own lines to show the caterpillar’s trail to his most favorite food.)
- Practicing circles (Trace the circles and then draw your own circles to make holes in the foods which the caterpillar ate through.)
- Number concepts 1-6 (Count the caterpillar’s favorite foods and write down the correct number.)
- Number concepts 1-6 (Draw as many fruits for the caterpillar as the number indicates.)
- Number concepts 1-7 (Color as many treats for the caterpillar as the number indicates.)
- Number concepts: adding 1-5 (Count caterpillar’s food, write the correct number under it and add it together.)
- More or less? (Circle the group that has more of the caterpillar’s food.)
- Sorting according to size (Put the lollipops and oranges in the correct order from smallest to biggest. - cut and glue activity)
- Sudoku (Play Sudoku puzzle with the caterpillar’s favorite food. - cut and glue activity)
- Sorting (Sort the pictures into things that can and cannot be eaten. - cut and glue activity)
- Matching shadows (Draw lines to match the caterpillar’s foods to their shadows.)
- Noticing differences (Color the one that is different.)
- Completing patterns: AB, AABB, ABC. (Which of the caterpillar’s treats should come next? - cut and glue activity)
- Sequencing pictures to make logical stories (What happened first? What last? Put the pictures in the correct time order. - cut and glue activity)
- Practicing prepositions – in front of, behind, next to, under, on (Draw an apple in front of the caterpillar, Draw a pear behind the caterpillar,…)