THEMATIC UNIT about HATS: ELA, Math, HOTS, and Creativity
HATS! HATS! HOORAY FOR HATS
is a thematic unit integrating ELA, math, HOTS, and creativity. It is most appropriate for primary classrooms and is intended to last 1 week, Hat Week.
January 15 is National Hat Day. That day may initiate or culminate your hat study. Spring is also a good time to study hats in conjunction with St. Patrick's Day, Easter, or the windy and rainy weather that necessitates hats and blows them away.
HOORAY FOR HATS resources include:
• Book links
• Compound words
• Poetry + teaching possibilities
• Handwriting practice
• Alphabetical order
• Verbal fluency
• Venn Diagrams
• Math Journal prompts
HIGHER ORDER THINKING SKILLS
• Crafts project
Also included are 2 sets of 36 Hat Cards (1 color set; 1 grayscale set), to use for language arts, math, and HOTS activities. There are 5 homework assignment sheets, including a note to parents. Suggestions and materials for literacy centers, writing centers, math centers, and H.O.T.S. centers are included. This zip file contains Idioms about Hats
, a stand alone product.
You may also like these thematic units:
• Activities to Accompany The Legend of the Bluebonnet
• Activities to Accompany The Legend of the Indian Paintbrush
• Hanging Out with Stellaluna
• Hoedown! Activities to Accompany the Book Barn Dance
Please visit my blog
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Your feedback is important to me. Thank you in advance.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the star near the top of any page in my store and click it to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.