This unit explore "La publicité et le marketing" and how our lives are influenced by cultural products, practice, and perspectives ("Comment les publicités et le marketing nous formatent-ils selon les cultures"). AP theme: Contemporary Life
You can use this unit in AP but not only! I have taught this unit in French 3, french 4, and AP French (with minor modifications) and it worked wonders.
ALL the materials from this unit are authentic and made by a native speaker:
- 1 vocabulary list with English translation for each term,
- A text called “L’influence publicitaire sur les adolescents” with accompanying questions (AP style),
- An activity sheet on JJ Goldman’s song “Les choses”
- A thorough cultural comparative chart on the French values and the American values (extremely helpful when analyzing TV/radio commercials),
- A ready-to-go-project for students (with grading rubric)
- A 38 slide PowerPoint presentation in which you will find:
• Various thought-provoking images that will spark your students’ curiosity (great conversation starters!),
• Many partner questions,
• A dozen of award-winning francophone magazine ads that will FOR SURE spark your students’ interest,
• Guided questions to analyze the magazine ads mentioned above,
• A case study of the difference between French McDonalds ads and American ones (it will blow your mind!). Great for cultural competency!
• A case study of the difference between French and American slogans (catch phrases) in ads (and commercials). Great to develop cultural competency!
• Some activities for students (make up catch phrases depending on the country, …)
• 4 TV commercials for Nutella (2 French ones and 2 American ones) with which you can pinpoint and talk (for hours!) about cultural differences in both countries.
• 4 TV commercials for cars (2 French ones and 2 American ones) with which you can pinpoint and talk (for hours!) about cultural differences in both countries.
I guarantee your students will enjoy this unit. It is my students’ favorite. A big hit!
2+ weeks of materials!
Made by a native speaker
Levels: French III, IV, AP
CHECK MY OTHER RESSOURCES! I exclusively work with authentic material and introduce the 6 AP themes in all levels (from French 2 to French 4).
Align your curriculum with your AP colleagues!