This Step-by-Step THEME unit is a complete, NO-Prep unit with a variety of activities to help students learn effective reading comprehension skills. Identifying a theme within a story is no longer a difficult task for students. The unit uses a scaffolding approach through several skills so students get a thorough understanding of the theme. There are anchor charts, interactive pages, and practice pages for all of the following.
★ STORY ELEMENTS
★ MAIN IDEA
Students will first get a solid grasp of identifying story elements, summarizing, main idea, topic, and lesson. Then theme will make more sense to them. The unit was created for 4th grade CCSS RL 4.2, but works well in other grade levels since there are passages with THREE DIFFERENT READING LEVELS FOR DIFFERENTIATION ranging from Lexile levels 610-810 (Grade levels 3-5).SEE A COMPLETE PREVIEW OF ALL THE PAGES
to see if it will work for your students.
WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS NO-PREP THEME UNIT?
1. DAY-BY-DAY LESSON PLANS
2. MENTOR TEXT SUGGESTIONS
3. MODELED EXAMPLES
4. LISTS OF EXAMPLES FOR TOPICS, LESSONS, THEMES
5. ANCHOR CHARTS FOR THE SKILLS PRESENTED
6. INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK PRINTABLES - DIFFERENTIATED VERSIONS INCLUDED
8. STUDENT PRACTICE PAGES FOR ALL SKILLS
9. 9 STORY EXAMPLES SHOWING SUMMARIZING, MAIN IDEA, TOPIC, LESSON, AND THEME.
10. 2 BLANK GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS FOR ANY TEXT
11. BOOK RESPONSE PAGE FOR ANY TEXT
12. 24 TASK CARDS SCAFFOLDING THE SKILLS
13. 3 PASSAGES WITH 3 LEVELS OF DIFFERENTIATE GRADE LEVELS. 9 QUESTIONS AND A WRITING PROMPT. THESE CAN BE USED FOR PRACTICE, MORE PRACTICE, HOMEWORK, ASSESSMENT, RETEST
14. TRACKING FORM
15. STUDENT EDITIONS- perfect to send electronically to students.
VERSION 1- LEXILE LEVELS 610 (Gr. 3)
VERSION 2- LEXILE LEVELS 710 (Gr. 4)
VERSION 3- LEXILE LEVELS 810 (Gr. 5)
Thank you for visiting my store!
MORE STEP-BY-STEP READING RESOURCES
STEP-BY-STEP TEXT EVIDENCE UNIT
STEP-BY-STEP INFERENCE UNIT
STEP-BY-STEP CAUSE AND EFFECT UNIT
STEP-BY-STEP MYTHOLOGY/ALLUSIONS UNIT
READING PASSAGES WITH TEXT DEPENDENT QUESTIONS FOR LITERACY STANDARDS