Also included in
- This Thesis Statement Bundle includes thesis statement graphic organizers, thesis statement scaffolding activities, thesis statement mini-lessons with informational handouts, thesis statement worksheets and more! Support essay writing in the high school English Language Arts classroom using this co$8.50$9.20Save $0.70
- This AP Lang and Comp Bundle includes slideshow lessons and writing activities for teaching the synthesis essay, argumentative writing, rhetorical analysis, expository texts, and more. Included in this resource are several tasks, collaborative activities, projects and assessments to prepare student$102.35$145.30Save $42.95
- Teach the synthesis essay prompt on the Advanced Placement Lang and Comp exam using these ready-to-print research essay worksheets and digital slide decks for Google Classroom®. This bundle contains everything you need to guide students through writing their own independent research synthesis essay$39.00$52.25Save $13.25
- Teaching opinion essay writing? This bundle is suitable for distance learning and Google Classroom® and will teach English Language Arts students how to write a persuasive essay.⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVER 25% IN DISCOUNTS! ⚡️⚡️⚡️Resources included in this bundle:1. PERSUASIVE WRITING UNIT Digital Persuasive Essay Graphi$43.70$59.15Save $15.45
These Thesis Statement Bell Ringers include one month's worth of thesis statement worksheets, thesis statement graphic organizers, and thesis statement scaffolding activities. Suitable for distance learning and perfect for helping students write thesis statements for the argumentative essay or for expository writing.
TEACH STUDENTS TO WRITE EFFECTIVE THESIS STATEMENTS
GRAPHIC ORGANIZER WITH 3 DIFFERENT SENTENCE STYLES
READY-TO-PRINT SCAFFOLDING WORKSHEETS
This resource includes the Thesis Statement Checklist, which is formatted to be printed as a two-sided document, and then cut vertically to create a bookmark-style checklist for students to have on hand at all time. Check your printer settings and select the format that will work best for you.
Students will use the Thesis Statement Checklist when completing their Daily Thesis Statement Bell Ringers, which have students write, evaluate, and modify thesis statements using different sentence styles and grammatical structures. These bell ringers reinforce the writing process using graphic organizers and other scaffolding methods. Students will work towards writing thesis statements independently and collaborating with peers to provide constructive feedback.
Two versions of these Thesis Statement Bell Ringers have been provided: one which can be printed and handed to students to move through day-by-day (Practice Journal), and another which has been formatted for you to photocopy, distribute and collect during each class (Diagnostic Assessment).
For classrooms utilizing Google Classroom, a digital version of the Thesis Statement Practice Practice Journal has been provided. Simply follow the instructions provided within the resource to copy these forms directly to your personal Google Drive.
This resource is included in Mondays Made Easy's The THESIS STATEMENT Practice BUNDLE | Handouts, Activities, Worksheets + MORE!, which also includes the THESIS STATEMENT Handout and Mini Lesson | Handouts, Worksheets + Checklist. This resource can be used as an informational handout to explain the Thesis Statement. During this lesson, students will also complete worksheets to differentiate between proper and improper thesis statements. An answer key has been provided with this resource in order to consolidate your lesson. Also included in this bundle is a handout with 75 Argumentative Essay Prompts. To preview this bundle, Visit Mondays Made Easy's store on Teachers Pay Teachers!
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's Expository Writing Resources.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on August 21, 2020.