Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- This AP Lang and Comp Bundle includes slideshow lessons and writing activities for teaching the synthesis essay, argumentative writing, rhetorical analysis, expository texts, and more. Included in this resource are several tasks, collaborative activities, projects and assessments to prepare student$102.35$145.30Save $42.95
- Teach the synthesis essay prompt on the Advanced Placement Lang and Comp exam using these ready-to-print research essay worksheets and digital slide decks for Google Classroom®. This bundle contains everything you need to guide students through writing their own independent research synthesis essay$39.00$52.25Save $13.25
- Teaching opinion essay writing? This bundle is suitable for distance learning and Google Classroom® and will teach English Language Arts students how to write a persuasive essay.⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVER 25% IN DISCOUNTS! ⚡️⚡️⚡️Resources included in this bundle:1. PERSUASIVE WRITING UNIT Digital Persuasive Essay Graphi$43.70$59.15Save $15.45
This Thesis Statement Bundle includes thesis statement graphic organizers, thesis statement scaffolding activities, thesis statement mini-lessons with informational handouts, thesis statement worksheets and more! Support essay writing in the high school English Language Arts classroom using this comprehensive bundle of resources.
⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVER 10% IN DISCOUNTS! ⚡️⚡️⚡️
TEACH STUDENTS TO WRITE EFFECTIVE THESIS STATEMENTS
GRAPHIC ORGANIZER WITH 3 DIFFERENT SENTENCE STYLES
READY-TO-PRINT SCAFFOLDING WORKSHEETS
INTRODUCTORY INFORMATIONAL HANDOUT PROVIDED
PRACTICE WORKSHEETS WITH ANSWER KEY INCLUDED
I begin this lesson by handing out the Thesis Statement Information Handout, which differentiates between proper and improper thesis statements using examples. I read this information together with students before distributing the Thesis Statement Checklist, which is formatted to be printed as a two-sided document. Cut the document vertically to create a bookmark-style checklist for students to have on hand at all times. Check your printer settings and select the format that will work best for you.
This checklist can be used with the Thesis Statement Practice Worksheets, which have students evaluate various thesis statements. An answer key has been provided with this activity for your consolidation.
This resource also includes one month's worth of daily Thesis Statement Bell Ringers, which have students write, evaluate and modify thesis statements using different sentence styles and grammatical structures. These bell ringers reinforce the writing process using graphic organizers and other scaffolding methods. Students will work towards writing thesis statements independently and collaborating with peers to provide constructive feedback.
☄ BONUS FILE ☄
75 Argumentative Essay Topics have also been provided with this bundle to prompt your students in beginning their own essays!
Teaching expository essay writing, the argumentative essay or the introductory paragraph? Mondays Made Easy's RESEARCH SYNTHESIS ESSAY Fill-in-the-Blank MADLIB INTRODUCTION PARAGRAPH outline scaffolds the introductory paragraph to help your students begin the writing process!
These resources are also featured in Mondays Made Easy's AP Language and Composition BUNDLE | Rhetoric, Arguments, Expository and MORE! Check out Mondays Made Easy's Store on Teachers Pay Teachers for more resources to use in the AP Language and Composition or High School English Language Arts classroom.
You might also be interested in Mondays Made Easy's Expository Writing Resources.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts, and free giveaways:
➾ The Blog
For questions, collaborations, or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access my Free Resource Library!
Mondays Made Easy is committed to the continual improvement of resources to meet the current needs of teachers. This product was last updated on August 24, 2020.