After teaching Math for many years, I have realized that many students lack the holistic approach to the concept of fractions. Using fractions in Math computations continues to be a challenge to many students in grade school, middle and high schools and even in colleges.
Through this book, it is my hope that I can help fill any gaps. Although this E-book is intended for grades 4-6; anyone who needs to understand fractions and how we use them in Math will find it to be insightful.
I have started by showing students how fractions crop up in real life. And once students understand what a fraction is, I launch them into the basics of fractions. The topics are discussed with very simple examples. The concepts discussed in this E-Book are:
1. The Concept of the Lowest Common Denominator
2. The Concept of the Greatest Common Factor and how to simplify fractions using the Greatest Common Factor
3. How to Add and Subtract Fractions using the Lowest Common Denominator Technique.
4. How to Multiply and Divide Fractions
5. How to Convert a fraction into a decimal number
6. How to Convert a Fraction to a Percent
I hope you and your students will find this book quite insightful and a very elegant one to read and to fully grasp the elementary concepts of fractions.