This file includes four linear regression examples (all real-life data). The examples cover the following topics for the TI-84 graphing calculator:
* Creating a scatterplot
* Performing linear regression (finding the equation of the best-fit line)
* Interpreting the slope of the equation
* Calculating and interpreting the correlation coefficient
* Predicting values (using the linear regression equation)
The first example gives the step-by-step instructions to calculate all the necessary values. Students will be guided through the example, and they will see the calculator screen they should see every step of the way.
A great collaborative group activity!
Try the following related product:
* WORKSHEET / QUIZ - Scatterplots & Linear Regression