This entertaining memory match card game will help your students practice reading time in an engaging way! Students read analog clocks and match them to the correct digital times. Students can practice reading time to the hour, half hour, quarter hour and 5-minute intervals. Just choose the cards that fit the ability levels of your students and print on cardstock, laminate for durability, cut, and play!
Step-by-step directions for students are included. This is a great activity for your math centers and intervention groups.
1. Mix analog clock cards all cards together. Then separately mix all time cards together
2. Lay out all analog clock cards face down in rows on one side of the table.
3. Lay out all digital time cards in rows on the other side of the table.
4. The first player should pick two cards, one analog clock card and one digital time card, from each side of the table. The player should then read the analog clock and digital time card aloud. If the player gets a match he/she keeps the cards and takes another turn. If the player does not draw a match he/she turns the cards back over face down. Then it is the next persons turn.
5. Play continues until all cards are gone or time runs out.
6. Players count their cards. The player with the most cards wins!