These student friendly "I can" statements are aligned to the new TN Academic ELA Kindergarten standards for the 2017-2018 school year. As an experienced evaluator, I know the importance of having standards written in kid-friendly terms that allow students to focus on the intended learning. In this resource you will find every ELA standard for kindergarten rewritten as an I Can statement. Some of the standards are repeated and written with various I can statements to allow students to reach mastery.
Although they are based off of the new TN standards, the I cans would work alongside other types of standards.
These are FULL PAGE allowing your students to easily read them. They look beautiful on a bulletin board. At the top of the page you will find the student-friendly I can statement and on the bottom in a smaller font, you will find the complete standard for your quick-reference.
I have included both color and printer-friendly black & white versions of these.
*TIP - The black & white printables make the perfect coloring sheets for when students master a standard or use them to bring focus back to the intended learning during an observation!
Please look through the preview for an up-close look at this beautiful format!
Do you need I Can statements for Kindergarten Math? Click here!
TN Academic Standards -MATH - Kindergarten
For even more savings, buy the BUNDLE!
TN Academic Standards - ELA & MATH I can Statements by Pencils to Pigtails
Are you feeling overwhelmed by the new portfolio requirements? Head over here to grab the perfect resource to help you plan, organize, and get it submitted!
Portfolio Guide for Kindergarten Teachers in TN by Pencils to Pigtails
You can also find these I Can statements aligned to Common Core by clicking here!
Kindergarten I Can Statements - ELA - Aligned to Common Core
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
•HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Interactive Writing Center for the Year!
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails