Prepare your students for the paper version of TNReady Part II with 30-aligned questions in the Reading Literature, Reading Informational Texts, and Language standards. Easily assess student mastery by standard using the 2-page answer key designed with teachers in mind.
Use this assessment for progress monitoring and planning reteaches based on student mastery.
This 9-page assessment includes six passages and 30 questions aligned to the TNReady Part II ELA Test. This assessment includes:
• 6 questions aligned to Reading Literature Standards
• 10 questions aligned to Language Standards
• 14 questions aligned to Reading Informational Text Standards
Question stems and passages are aligned to the Item Samplers previously released on MICA.
Passages and questions aligned to Language standards anticipate how the state will ask the “Select and Change Text” questions from MICA on paper.
The 2-page answer key includes question #, question type, standard, and correct answer. The first page of the assessment includes a table for students to fill in their answers for quick grading.
*Please note, some of the questions on this assessment are also included in the TNReady ELA RI & RL Practice + Written Response Student Motivation
• 9-Page Assessment: PDF for Students, PDF for Teachers Annotated with Correct Answer, and editable Word File
• 2-Page Answer Key: PDF and editable Word Files
The standards included are (these are aligned to TNReady and the national Common Core Assessment):
• RI.7.1: Cite several pieces of textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
• RI.7.2: Determine two or more central ideas in a text and analyze their development over the course of the text; provide an objective summary of the text.
• RI.7.3: Analyze the interactions between individuals, events, and ideas in a text (e.g., how ideas influence individuals or events, or how individuals influence ideas or events).
• RI.7.4: Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative, connotative, and technical meanings; analyze the impact of a specific word choice on meaning and tone.
• RI.7.5: Analyze the structure an author uses to organize a text, including how the major sections contribute to the whole and to the development of the ideas.
• RI.7.6: Determine an author's point of view or purpose in a text and analyze how the author distinguishes his or her position from that of others.
• RI.7.7: Compare and contrast a text to an audio, video, or multimedia version of the text, analyzing each medium's portrayal of the subject (e.g., how the delivery of a speech affects the impact of the words).
• RI.7.8: Trace and evaluate the argument and specific claims in a text, assessing whether the reasoning is sound and the evidence is relevant and sufficient to support the claims.
• 6/7.L.2: Demonstrate command of the conventions of standard English capitalization, punctuation, and spelling when writing.
Check out these other TNReady Resources:
3-Week Project Bundle: UN Summit on Social Issues Persuasive Speech, Paper, and PPT
TNReady Item Sampler Alignment and ALL TEACHING GUIDES for Middle School ELA
TNReady Main Idea & Central Idea Lesson and Guided Practice
TNReady Need to Know: Resources & Test Overview
Author's Craft & Rhetorical Devices Anchor Chart + Foundational Student Handout
(Written by Middle School Writer, Mara Truslow. Copyright 2016.)