Are you ready to implement TNReady curriculum, which closely resembles the Common Core State Standards?
Video Overview of Product: Click Here
This document is your one-stop-shop for breaking down the standards and item sampler questions into an easy-to-read document that outlines the question type, standard, question as released by the state, correct answer, numbered key points for teaching this particular standard, and a running analysis of the question and challenges a student may encounter when answering the question.
This document breaks down all questions released in the first wave of Item Samplers for 7th Grade ELA. This analysis should be used as a cornerstone for developing yearlong curricula aligned to what students will see on the TNReady test for the first time this year. It’s important to know how you will fit each of these standards into your teaching and how you will sequence/ scaffold each skill.
Key Features Include:
• An easy-to-read and reference 17-page Item Sampler Analysis and Teaching Points for the ELA TNReady 7th Grade test sorted by:
o Question Type
o Item Sampler Question + Correct Answer
o Numbered Teaching Points that break down how to answer the question
o Analysis of every question including common distractors or errors students may select
• 14 pages of Item Sampler Analysis
• 2-page quick reference guide for the MICA platform that includes screenshots of the tool and a description of how students and teachers can use the platform.
• 1-page glossary of key terms for the TNReady ELA Test
Key Uses for Item Sampler Analysis:
• Create a year-long unit sequence that maps out key skills students need to show mastery on the TNReady test by analyzing the teaching points for each question.
• Better understand the question types and questions students will see on the TNReady Test + a breakdown of teaching points and skills students need to correctly answer questions.
• Learn how to master the MICA platform and the trickier aspects of navigating the software.
• Gain insight into how to teach students the content featured on the test.
• Save Time! This document is the product of weeks of work and analysis. Navigating the MICA software and developing teaching points for the question types is no small task; you need your time develop curricula and meet the needs of your students.
The Zip File includes a PDF and a Word File of the Item Sampler Analysis.
Check out these Related TNReady Resources:
TNReady Main Idea & Central Idea Lesson and Guided Practice
3-Week Project Bundle: UN Summit on Social Issues Persuasive Speech, Paper, and PPT
Author's Craft & Rhetorical Devices Anchor Chart + Foundational Student Handout
ELA Bell Ringers for Middle Grades: TNReady, Set, Go Bell Ringer Race
TNReady ELA Mastery Tracker
(Written by Middle School Writer, Mara Truslow).