TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD ACTIVITY: PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES EMPATHY
Use this activity and assignment as a way for students to reflect on the theme of empathy in Harper Lee's award winning novel, To Kill A Mockingbird.
This Resource Is Included In My Unit Plan For To Kill A Mockingbird. Click Below!
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD COMPLETE UNIT PLAN
This assignment is designed to be used after students have finished reading chapter 23. The first part of the activity has students work in groups to look at three scenarios (read by the teacher) from a different perspective. They will complete a brainstorming assignment sheet as a group after each of the three scenarios.
After the activity, students complete an independent assignment where they choose two quotations (from a given list of quotes) to analyze. Students will look at the context of the quotation as well as how it develops the theme of empathy.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE
• Teacher instructions for the lesson
• 3 real-life narrative scenario cards to read to students
• A group brainstorming sheet for each scenario
• An independent assignment sheet to analyze quotations relating to the theme of empathy
• A poster for classroom display with a quote from the novel relating to empathy (color and black and white).
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
BEST SELLING ENGLISH BELL RINGERS
POETRY RESOURCE BUNDLE
STORY ELEMENTS RESOURCE BUNDLE
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!