Products in this Bundle (5)
- Take a tour of the symbols and regions of the Lone Star state—and meet your Social Studies TEKS (listed below)— with the seven cross-curricular activities in the Teaching Texas Activity Pack for Grades K-2. Cross-Curricular Activities Included:Every Texan Counts is a Texas-themed poem, with follow-u
- Introduce beginning map skills with I Live in Texas, the interactive book that takes children from home all the way to outer space. Each page features an activity designed to help students understand their state’s location on different maps. Social Studies Vocabulary:continent, country, home, planet
- Spotlight eight state symbols, along with handwriting and spelling practice, with the familiar rhyme in Texan, Texan, What Do You Spy? Children choose words from the word bank to write the missing names of each state symbol, then follow-up with the review activity on the last page. State Symbols Voc
- Highlight color and rhyming words as you explore symbols of the Lone Star State with Texas Colors, the interactive book that also meets your TEKS social studies standards (listed below).Color Word Vocabulary:red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, white Texas Symbols Vocabulary:bluebonnet,
- Meet TEKS standards two ways with The Texas Flag/La Bandera de Texas, the bilingual activity book that highlights the colors and shapes of the state flag and also includes the state Pledge of Allegiance in English and Spanish. English/Spanish Vocabulary:flag/bandera, blue/azul, red/rojo, white/blanc
Have fun meeting your TEKS standards (listed below) with the Totally Texas Bundle for Grades K-2. This Texas-sized pack of resources contains four activity books, PLUS seven cross-curricular activities that highlight the symbols, flag, and geography of the Lone Star state, PLUS the FREE bonus book, (a $5.40 value).
- expands a child's concept of his/her location—from home to the solar system—with engaging activities on each page.
- uses a rhyme-and-write format to highlight seven state symbols.
- targets writing and spelling color words with traceable vocabulary and a rhyming text.
- focuses on the shapes and colors in the state flag, as well as the State Pledge of Allegiance, with the text written in both English and Spanish.
FREE BONUS BOOK ($5.40 value)
- , from the Science and Social Studies Dictionary Series, explores the official symbols of the Lone Star state with traceable vocabulary words to boost retention, fun facts to engage young readers, and original, high-definition illustrations.
- is a Texas-themed poem, with follow-up comprehension questions, that uses the word “count” in two ways—counting things and counting on one another—to illustrate homonyms.
- comes in two levels—one with letters and one without—for differentiated instruction.
- reinforces learning with a picture crossword puzzle.
- uses a cut-and-glue format to highlight state symbol vocabulary.
- is a fun way to learn about Texas symbols and landmarks, as children follow directions to create individual pictures based on their own Texas experiences.
- develops critical thinking skills of comparing and contrasting as children sort the cut-and-glue sentence descriptions.
- introduces students to map-making as they create a map key for the seven regions of Texas.
State Symbols Vocabulary:
Alamo, bluebonnet, cowboy, dinosaur, Enchanted Rock, flag, gem, horned lizard, insect, jalapeño, Kemp’s Ridley, longhorn, mockingbird, nine-banded, oven, pan de campo, quarter horse, rodeo, state seal, Texas toad, USS Texas, vehicle, whelk, siX flags, yellow (rose of Texas), Zavalla
continent, country, home, planet, solar system, state, town
and, can, from, has, in, is, its, of, on, the, to
- Identifying Texas state symbols
- Identifying and writing rhyming word pairs
- Identifying parts of the state flag
- Reciting the state pledge of allegiance
- Following directions
- Critical thinking skills of comparing and contrasting
- Understanding basic geography/location terms
- Using a map key
- Learning Spanish color and shape names
- Building content-area literacy in social studies
- Reading fluency and comprehension
TEXAS TEKS for SOCIAL STUDIES: This resource can be used to meet the following standards for Grades K-2:
K113.11.a.1, K113.11.a.2, K113.11.a.5, K113.11.b.14, 113.12.a.1, 113.12.a.2, 113.12.a.5, 113.12.b.4, 113.12.b.14, 113.12.b.17, 113.13.a.2, 113.13.a.5, 113.13.b.5, 113.13.b.6, 113.13.b.14, 113.13.b.18
Sample Pages: Please see the preview for sample pages from the bundle. To view additional images, click on the thumbnails listed above.
Technical Info: The files are in PDF format, combined into a single zip folder. Each resource is illustrated with original, high-resolution drawings.
Unsure About the Grade Level? Compare this bundle with the .
CLICK HERE to view the complete line of Teaching Texas resources for Grades K-5.
Connect with Let’s Get Real
Visit My Store: Click here to see all of the Let’s Get Real topics and resources. Look for the category list on the left side of the home page.
Facebook: Click here to follow me on the Let’s Get Real Facebook page for weekly posts about teaching strategies and resources.
Pinterest: Click here to check out the Let’s Get Real Pinterest boards for more ways to enrich your teaching themes.
What kinds of resources does Let’s Get Real offer?
Let’s Get Real take-home books and learning center resources focus on content-area literacy, that is, helping children gain the specialized science and social studies vocabulary that enables them to excel in reading fluency and comprehension. In addition, all Let’s Get Real resources are illustrated with realistic, original images and/or photographs.
How can I see what you offer or know when you’ve added new materials?
Click on the star to the right of this description (under my pic) OR click on my store link (above), then click on the star at the top of the page to follow Let’s Get Real. You’ll be the first to know about new materials, sales, and freebies. To view the resources by science/social studies topics, look to the left on the store page, under the heading Custom Categories.
What are TPT credits and how do I get them?
Every time you provide feedback for a purchase, TPT gives you 1 credit for each dollar you’ve spent. After you’ve used (and hopefully loved!) a resource, hover on your picture at the top of the page and open the “My Account” tab. Click on your “My Purchases” category. You should see a list of your purchases with a “Provide Feedback” button for each one. Just click the button and you’ll be taken to a page where you can rate the product and leave a comment for me. You can apply the credits you earn to any future purchases and I always appreciate your positive feedback.
What do I do if I have a question about or problem with a resource?
You can always contact me through the product Q & A tab, located at the bottom of the product description.
Please “share the love” by telling others how much you like Let’s Get Real products; but please don’t share the copyright. Each Let’s Get Real resource—including graphics and illustrations—is copyrighted by Dr. J/Teaching Texas LLC and may not be redistributed, sold, or placed on the internet. This resource is for one teacher-use only. Thank you so much for your support!