Make a long TRAIN of SHAPES
, a short TRAIN of SHAPES
, or a single railroad car of shapes using circles, squares, rectangles, triangles, trapezoids, pentagons, and hexagons. Your children will identify the basic shapes by name and size, then color, cut, position, and paste on background paper. This craft is great for practice in reading and following directions.
Duplicate on white paper or get fancy and use colored paper or card stock. If you so desire, you can make railroad car couplers, railroad car stands. You can make a train station file folder to hold completed railroad cars.
Please click on the green PREVIEW rectangle above to see ways to make TRAIN of SHAPES
with beginning readers, with non-readers, with non-scissors-skilled children.
TRAIN of SHAPES
is great as a classroom activity or in a math center. It is also great for Homeschool, Day Care, Summer Camp, Grandma’s house.
Page layout is landscape.
Student directions, pattern pages, and assembled pictures are in black/white and shades of gray.
Set your printer to print ACTUAL SIZE so the pages print with the correct dimensions.
TRAIN of SHAPES includes
* teacher directions
* Many Ways to Make TRAIN of SHAPES (2 pages) with color photos
* page of color illustrations of all 16 cars
* alphabetical list of railroad cars with number of parts, names of shapes, number of colors
* the 16 TRAIN of SHAPES
railroad cars activities, each including
....... student directions with shades of gray illustrations (Two cars per page. Cut in half.)
....... shapes pattern pages (1 or 2) with shades of gray illustration
....... assembled railroad car picture in black outline
* name labels directions and patterns with shades of gray illustration
* couplers directions and patterns with shades of gray illustration
* stand directions with black/white photos
* stand pattern
* train station, train station name label, and file folder directions with shades of gray illustrations
* train station patterns (2 pages) with shades of gray illustration
* train station assembled picture in black outline
* name labels for train station patterns
If you like TRAIN of SHAPES
, you might also like these other Bee Gee products:
*** Paper SHAPES
*** Super Paper SHAPES
To see a sample of my work before you purchase TRAIN of SHAPES
, download and print the Bee Gee Freebie:
*** OWL Paper Shapes
© 2016 Bee Gee Hazell All rights reserved.
The original purchaser of a Bee Gee product is granted permission to copy
pages for use in his/her classroom or home only. Copying any part of this
product and placing it on the internet, even on a website, is strictly
prohibited and is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Please leave feedback on Comments & Ratings. Thank you.
If you have questions, concerns, suggestions, please click on Product Q & A or email me at BeeGeeHazell@verizon.net. I would love to hear from you.