This activity is designed to help students with the properties of trapezoids. This activity also gets students up and about.
Properties of Trapezoid
- 1 pair of parallel sides
- Base angles or isosceles trapezoids are congruent
- Diagonals of isosceles trapezoids are congruent
- Midsegment (Median) of a trapezoid = 1/2 the sum of the bases
Place the 10 cards on the wall around your room. Students pick any card to begin with. They should use the trapezoid at the top of the page to write an equation for x. After solving the equations, students look around the room for card with a matching solution. Then they work the trapezoid on this new page. They should continue until they return to the card they started with.
Included are 2 versions of this activity.
- One with 10 cards for use as a walk-around activity
- A shorter version with only 5 cards great bell work or use as a review.
Also included for each version...
-Absent Student Pages (will cards printing on 1 page)
-2 Version of the student response pages
-Detailed Key with card order and problems worked out.
- Mid-Lesson or End of Lesson Check for understanding
- Math Station for students that have finished work early
- Test Review
- Homework Alternative
- Bell work