• Be prepared for a fun & engaging class! Students LOVE this game!
• Students will practice recognizing TU commands, responding to personal questions, and learning a popular rhyme in Spanish, all in one very engaging activity!
Step 1: Memorizing the rhyme “De Tin Marin”
• Teach students the popular children’s rhyme “De Tin Marin.” This is similar to the rhyme “eenie meenie miney moe.”
• I have my students repeat one line at a time as a class, adding a line as we go along until it is mastered. It takes some practice, but if they spend 5 minutes on it over 2-3 days with me & in pairs they’ve got it.
• To master it, I also have them practice by drawing two X’s on a piece of paper. They practice pointing their index finger to the alternating X’s so they master the beat of the rhyme.
Step 2: The next day, students play Truth or Dare.
• Prep: make enough copies of for each pair of students to have a Truth page & a Dare page
• (30 students = 15 copies of each sheet)
• Have a student aide cut up a Truth sheet, and a Dare sheet. Put all the squares into one pile (mixing up the Truths & Dares), and put a clip on them. Lamination helps them last!
• Pass out a pile to each pair of students.
• Students divide the already mixed pile into 2 separate piles on one student desk so both students can reach them.
• Cards are face DOWN.
• Student A uses their finger to alternate pointing to each pile while reciting the rhyme “De Tin Marin” which they now have memorized!
• Whichever card their finger lands on at the end of the rhyme, they pick up that card, and perform the DARE, or answer the TRUTH.
• Put used cards into a separate pile.
• Student B repeats the task.
• The game is over when all cards are used or the teacher calls time.