Grab this set of turkeys fine motor busy bins so you don’t have to even think about fine motor practice before Thanksgiving!
These busy bins allow you to add fine motor work to your schedule each day as your preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten students enter the room each day.
The busy bins include 12 turkey themed activities that all have a fine motor aspect to them. Strengthen fine motor muscles to get them ready to hold a pencil, use scissors confidently, and get those hands ready to form letters correctly!
The busy bins are set up as completely independent morning work tub activities for pre-k
. The busy bins are also perfect to use with younger preschoolers during circle and small group time.
The turkeys fine motor busy bins are the 4th set in our ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins Bundle
. Buy the bundle and save!
Print and prep the fine motor busy bins, and store them in small storage containers with lids (mine are from Walmart). Switch out the 12 activities each time you switch themes. Easy peasy!
What is a busy bin exactly?
A busy bin is similar to a busy bag activity. You put the activity together and store it in a bin to be used over and over again. Busy bins are reusable learning activities – prep once and play forever!
Each fine motor busy bin activity comes with an instruction page and bin labels.
TURKEYS FINE MOTOR BUSY BINS
Feather Letter Cards
- Use paperclips to clip the correct letters of the word turkey on the feathers.
Corn Covered Letters
- Trace the letters in corn kernels to practice letter formation in a tactile way.
Making Turkey Tracks
- Roll out play dough and form it into shapes to trace the turkey tracks.
Color Clip Cards
- Identify the color of the turkey and clip the matching color with a clothespin.
- Count the feathers on the turkey and trace the number to practice number formation.
- Link the correct number of feathers to each turkey.
Count & Cover
- Roll a die, count the dots, and then cover that number of turkey spaces with snap cubes.
- Use mini salt writing trays and a pretend feather to write the uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Cut the feathers apart on the dotted lines. Build the feather back together like a puzzle.
Pom Pom Pictures
- Match the pom poms to the colors on the pictures and use kid-friendly squeezers to cover them up.
Turkey Trace Cards
- Trace the pre-writing cards starting from the turkey and work from left to right.
Feed the Turkey Mazes
- Get the turkey to the corn by figuring out the correct way through the maze.
EXTRA SUPPLIES & MANIPULATIVES:
The printable pieces of each busy bin are included in the file. Laminating the pieces is recommended. The other supplies that are needed for this theme include:
Paperclips or mini clothepins
Linking chains or pipe cleaners
Dry erase markers
Erasers for dry erase markers (socks, wipes)
Pom poms (black, brown, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, pink)
Our TURKEYS Literacy & Math Centers
are the perfect addition to these fine motor busy bins!