Want a fun and active way to review notes? Try Twister! Great for stave mats or alternatively you can make your own!
RULES FOR THE GAME:
- Spin the spinner.
- Call out moves for players eg. Right hand E, Left foot C.
- If a body part, other than the specified limbs, touch the floor, the student is out.
- If a student puts his/her hand on the wrong note, they are out.
- Play in small groups or as a whole class broken into teams for points. The options are endless!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SPINNER TEMPLATE:
- Print, cut out and laminate your spinner.
- A spinner arrow has been included for your use. Attach with a paper fastener or alternatively, use a plastic spinner.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING YOUR OWN STAVE MAT:
- Tape down a LARGE music staff on a shower curtain or on your floor in the classroom.
- Tape down vertical lines to create measures.