A set of 25 task cards and exercises on prose comprehension – Two Geniuses a biography.
After working with these worksheets students will be able to:
- Spot the setting elements and describe the setting.
- Name the characters and make a character sketch.
- Discover the plot elements and develop the plot.
- Analyse the text to make a critical appreciation.
- Examine the lines from the text with reference to context.
This resource includes:
- (EXERCISE 1) Vocabulary check
- (EXERCISE 2) Identifying setting elements of the given story
- (EXERCISE 3) Describing the setting of the story
- (EXERCISE 4) Creating story setting
- (EXERCISE 5) Selecting best option to answer setting questions
- (EXERCISE 6) Spotting the traits of the characters in the story
- (EXERCISE 7) Identifying one of the main character’s elements in the story
- (EXERCISE 8) Making a character sketch
- (EXERCISE 9) Creating characters for the story
- (EXERCISE 10) Selecting best option to answer characterization questions
- (EXERCISE 11) Identifying plot elements of the story
- (EXERCISE 12) Identifying plot description elements in the story
- (EXERCISE 13) Developing the plot of the story
- (EXERCISE 14) Making a story plot
- (EXERCISE 15) Selecting the best option to answer plot questions
- (EXERCISE 16) Identifying story elements by answering questions
- (EXERCISE 17) Identifying story elements of the story
- (EXERCISE 18) Making a critical appreciation of the story
- (EXERCISE 19) Writing a story
- (EXERCISE 20) Selecting the best option to answer story components questions
- (EXERCISE 21) Identifying summary elements
- (EXERCISE 22) Identifying RTC elements for the given lines
- (EXERCISE 23) Explaining the line with reference to context
- (EXERCISE 24) Finding the context of the famous quotes
- (EXERCISE 25) Reading the story to answer comprehension questions
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: