A Lesson Presentation that presents Teaching Resources in Prose Comprehension. This presentation presents perfect teaching resources for 6 days that will help the teachers to walk into the classroom with ready to teach confidence as it covers all that a teacher and a student need for a Reading Comprehension lesson on Non-Fiction Texts.
This Presentation Includes:
1. Well Formulated, Measurable, SMART Learning Objectives and Outcomes
2. Overview of Vocabulary for a Prose Comprehension Lesson
3. Flipped Lesson Part - 4 sets of 2 Geniuses for Pre-Learning
4. Day 1: Setting - Wit, Guide and Prompt, Scaffolder, Rubrics, Plenary
5. Day 2: Characters - Humour, Guide and Prompt, Rubrics, Plenary
6. Day 3: Plot - Obituary, Guide and Prompt, Scaffolder, Rubrics, Plenary
7. Day 4: Analysis - Biography, Guide and Prompt, Rubrics, Plenary
8. Day 5: Summary - Quote, Guide and Prompt, Scaffolder, Rubrics, Plenary
9. Day 6: RTC - Interview, Guide and Prompt, Rubrics, Plenary
10. Lesson Plenary with Critical Thinking Questions – 3 Online Quizzes
11. Success Criteria for Self Evaluation - My Prose Comprehension Checklist
12. Home Learning for Reinforcement - Questions
13. Extensions to Challenge the High Achievers - Reading Comprehension Passages
14. Common Core Standards - ELA-LITERACY.R.6-8.1-4/6
15. Skills to be addressed during the Lesson - Social and Cognitive
16. Educational Tools and Resources - Connectives, Adjectives, Adverbs, Verbs
Teachers can use this presentation to give a complete knowledge and understanding of comprehending a story to the learners, thereby helping them to enhance their reading and comprehension skills.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
✿ Early Finishers
✿ Sub tubs
✿ ESL stations/centres
✿ Holiday work
✿ Small group
✿ End of unit quick assessments
This is what teachers say about these resources:
✎"The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing." – Mary Z.
✎"…nice reference sheet for my students." - Connie T.
✎"We use it as a reference every day." - Buyer
✎ "This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources." - Patricia O.
✎ "A great resource for students to practice writing during center." - Jamie S.
✎ "Exactly what I needed…" - Threadkell
✎ "Thank you for doing all the work for me!" - Buyer
✎ "Love this engaging lesson plan!" - Buyer
✎ "This product was helpful for my ELD students!" – Rae E.
✎ "I cannot wait to use this!" – Dawn C.
✎ "Great resource! Looking forward to trying them all." – Jennifer S.
✎ "Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills." – Kathryn A.
✎ "Very excited about using this in my Intensive Reading classes." – Tammye G.
✎ "…the handouts are perfect for students to use as a reference while writing." – Mary Z.
✎ "Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class." - Jackie Malley
✎ "These task cards were perfect test practice!" - Michelle Pasierb
✎ "I really enjoy this information." - Debra Logan
✎ "I love this! I'm such a grammar and mechanics nerd." - Amy Dickson
How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.