Virginia Math SOL 3.19
24 Task Cards - Fill in the missing number in the input/output table. Answer Key and Homework included
Setup: Teams each have a set of cards stacked face down in the center of the table. (Optional: Include an answer key for self-checking)
1. Teacher selects one person on each team to be the Showdown Captain for the first round.
2. The Showdown Captain draws the top card, reads the question, and provides think time.
3. Working alone, all students, including the Showdown Captain, write their answers.
4. When finished, teammates signal they are ready.
5. The Showdown Captain calls, “Showdown.”
6. Teammates share and discuss their answers.
7. The Showdown Captain leads the checking
8. If correct, the team celebrates; if not, teammates tutor, then celebrate.
9. The person on the left of the Showdown Captain becomes the Showdown Captain for the next round.