Students will learn what a tableau vivant is and various strategies that they can use to create a focus of attention on stage. They will then work with their group members to create their own tableau on any topic of their choice.
You might like to allow the rest of the class members guess what their topic is before each group reveals the answer and have the class discuss how effective the group’s tableau was and provide feedback to them. You can also take a picture of the group as a tableau on stage for them to look at and reflect on later.
- Students will know how to create a focus of attention on stage.
- Students will know what a tableau vivant is and be able to create one themselves.
1) PPT Lesson on Tableaux Vivants (40 slides)
2) Tableau Vivant Planning Sheet (1 page)
* This resource is part of my "Non-verbal Activities For Drama Students (Mega Bundle)"
If you've previously purchased this resource individually and would like to upgrade to the bundle it's included in, please contact me! amuseintheclassroom(at)gmail(dot)com