Tablet Tutor Runs on All Internet-Connected Devices (except smartphones).
Language Lab, Identify Adjectives is one of the schools in a planned series of 20 to 30 Tablet Tutors. Tablet Tutor is streaming, interactive courseware designed specifically for the purpose of providing meaningful middle school language arts content that will run on virtually any internet-connected device except for smartphones.
Identifying adjectives is the focus of instruction for this school, and it is presented in the form of a 3D-style, page-turning book and an expanding/contracting interaction.
Upon completion of instruction, students will be able to…
• define adjectives.
• identify the two parts of speech that adjectives describe.
• list the three questions that adjectives answer about the words they describe.
• recognize that adjectives may come before or after the words they describe.
• list common adjective suffixes.
• recognize that articles are also adjectives.
• identify adjectives in sample sentences.
• demonstrate mastery by successfully completing an online evaluation.
Online practice and evaluation activities include Word Bank (tap to place), Target Spots (tap to locate), and 1 Scholar Board (a 10-question, multiple-choice quiz). All interactive review activities and quizzes yield recordable scores, and those scores may also be printed. Additionally, students are given the opportunity to compare their answers with the correct choices.
Language Lab, Identify Adjectives includes Your Local Library, a glossary of terms and definitions that students may access for reference at any time while using this app.
This app will run on PC’s, Macs, Laptops, MacBooks, Chromebooks, iPads, and Android Tablets. It is not, however, compatible with smartphones.
Tablet Tutor Mini Lesson: Language Lab, Identify Adjectives
by Chad Manis
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License