Tablet Tutor Runs on All Internet-Connected Devices (except smartphones).
Language Lab, Identify Prepositions is one of the schools in a planned series of 20 to 30 Tablet Tutors. Tablet Tutor is streaming, interactive courseware designed specifically for the purpose of providing meaningful middle school language arts content that will run on virtually any internet-connected device except for smartphones.
Identifying Prepositions is the focus of instruction for this school, and it is presented in the form of a 3D-style, page-turning book and an accordion-style interaction.
Upon completion of instruction, students will be able to…
• identify prepositions that are positional words.
• recognize prepositions that are not positional in nature.
• recognize that objects of prepositions can be nouns or pronouns.
• demonstrate how to locate objects of prepositions.
• distinguish prepositional phrases used as adjectives and adverbs.
• identify prepositional phrases in sample sentences.
• demonstrate mastery by successfully completing an online evaluation.
Online practice and evaluation activities include Target Words (tap to locate), Snap Sticks (drag and drop), and 1 Scholar Board (a 10-question, multiple-choice quiz). All interactive review activities and quizzes yield recordable scores, and those scores may also be printed. Additionally, students are given the opportunity to compare their answers with the correct choices.
Language Lab, Identify Prepositions includes Your Local Library, a glossary of terms and definitions that students may access for reference at any time while using this app.
This app will run on PC’s, Macs, Laptops, MacBooks, Chromebooks, iPads, and Android Tablets. It is not, however, compatible with smartphones.
Tablet Tutor Mini Lesson: Language Lab, Identify Prepositions
by Chad Manis
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License