PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Tackling apraxia, phonological processes like syllable reduction or severe articulation disorders is hard work! Using effective but motivating activities like the ones included in this 69 page download geared toward early developing sounds /b,p,t,d,k,g,m,n, j,w,h,f/ can help you get the job done!
ASHA recommends teaching early developing and frequently occurring consonants first and that treatment include teaching pacing (establishing a slower and more rhythmic rate of speech). Therapy should progress from individual consonants to nonsense syllables, to single syllable words (CV) then increasing in complexity (CVC, CVCV, then multi-syllables). That is exactly what this product addresses (this edition focuses on CVCV targets in therapy).
The download includes:
- detailed instructions about HOW to use this product and how to prepare the materials for therapy.
- 3 pages of CVCV picture cards to practice targets in single words
- 3 pages that contain 50 cute character "hoppers" for students to manipulate along with the pacing cards.
- 19 CVCV pacing cards that target CVCV word repetitions (of the same word)
- 14 CVCV pacing cards that contain repetitions of 2 alternating CVCV pictures/words that contain the same initial consonants.
- 21 CVCV pacing cards that target repetitions of 2 alternating CVCV pictures with different initial sounds for added difficulty.
- 10 CVCV pacing cards that target CVCV repetitions with THREE alternating words/pictures with the same initial consonants
-20 CVC pacing cards that target CVCV repetitions with THREE alternating pictures with different initial consonants.
- 11 challenge pages that require students to alternate 4-5 CVCV words for a total of 18 repetitions per sheet.
- 6 pages of short "cloze" sentences to complete "rebus style" with CVCV pictures to practice these words in sentences.
Laminating is recommended for durability. Thanks for stopping by!