Because my students LOVED my Halloween Costume Fashion Show activity so much, I created this Tacky Holiday Sweater Fashion Show Activity. It will provide a fun and engaging way to address the Language Standards in the Common Core. This activity is aligned with 4th grade CCSs, but can be used for 3rd and 5th grade students as well.
With this activity, the students will be provided a card with a tacky sweater on it. The students will then work in groups to create a script that a fashion show announcer would read to introduce the holiday sweater. The students will then have a “fashion show” to share their scripts they wrote to describe the sweaters. Everything you need is included in this unit.
Here is what is included in the packet:
- Cover page p. 1
- Common Core Standards Addressed p. 2
- Directions pp. 3-4
- Holiday Sweater Model Cards in both color and black and white pp. 5-23
- Plan Sheet Instructions p. 24
- Tacky Holiday Sweater Terms pp. 25-26
- Holiday Sweater Fun! Plan Sheet (one for each sweater) pp. 27-35
- Plan Sheet and Final Copy Paper pp.36-37
- Flip the Script Grammar Scavenger Hunt Activity p. 38
- Grading Checklist p. 39
- Examples for the Teacher (includes a sweater card, example Tacky Holiday Sweater Terms, Holiday Sweater Fun! and a script to share with your students to help generate ideas) pp. 40-45
- Additional Resources p. 46
- Terms and Credits p. 47
I know this activity will by a “Holly Jolly” success in your classroom!