Want to get your students thinking about character traits? This pack is a great book companion for the story 'Tacky the Penguin' by Helen Lester. It is perfect to use when undertaking a unit on character traits. Included in this pack is bright and colorful cut and paste sorting worksheets, no prep cut and paste activities, word wall cards and anchor charts (answer sheets) for students to use during literacy centers.
♥ Literacy centers
♥ Morning work
♥ Class discussions
There are color and black and white versions available in this pack. The sorting activities include:
• Teacher instructions
• Sort the character traits for Tacky the Penguin and his companions (Lovely, Goodly, Angel, Perfect & Neatly).
• Sort Tacky’s character traits into appearance and qualities.
• Sort the words into synonyms and antonyms for the word weird.
• Student select a hunter from the story and list his physical traits and qualities. They then are to write what they infer about the character.
The mind map cut and paste character trait activities include:
• Cut and paste the 4 character traits to describe Tacky’s qualities and paste into the boxes.
• Cut and paste the 4 physical traits to describe Tacky’s appearance.
• Cut and paste the 4 character traits to describe Angel’s qualities.
• Students select a hunter from the story. Draw the hunter inside the box in the middle and write 4 qualities inside each box to describe the character.
• Students then write 4 physical traits to describe the hunter and draw a picture of him inside the middle box.
• Students draw a picture of Goodly in the middle box and write 4 qualities inside each box to describe the character.
• Students draw a picture of Goodly and write 4 physical traits to describe the character.
Also included in this pack is 2 sets of bright blue and white word wall cards to display on your bulletin board to assist students when writing about characters in the story, One set is in fancy bold writing whilst the other set is in simple bold font. The word wall cards include the following words:
• Tacky, Angel, Perfect, Goodly, Lovely, Neatly & hunters
• Character traits - peculiar, odd, strange, funny, weird, unusual, brave, funny, silly, fun, foolish, happy, ungraceful, scared, loud, quiet, graceful, nice, nasty, mean, smart, wicked, cruel, polie & confident.
There are answer sheets for all of the cut and paste activities.
Please see the preview before purchasing to get a further insight into what this package entails.
You may also be interested in the character traits packages below. NOTE: This product is NOT included in this bundle packs below:
BUNDLE - Character Traits - Printables, Word Wall Cards, Anchor Charts, Word Maps, Task Cards - 300+ pages
Literacy Centers & Character Traits Bundle - 660 pages
You might also enjoy these fun and engaging character trait activities below:
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Character Trait Activities
100 Character Traits - Word Map Templates
Dab it! - Fairy tale character traits
Character Yes/No Game - Fairytales
Character Traits Task Cards - Fairytales
Character Traits Task Cards - Halloween Theme
Character Traits Sorting
Sorting Fairy Tale Characters - Character Traits
Character Traits activity pack & word wall cards
Character Traits - Who am I?
Christmas Themed - Character Trait Activities
Character Traits - Making Inferences and Text-to-Self Connections
Charlotte's Web Task Cards - Character Traits
Check out these great bundle packs:
Literacy Centers Mega Bundle - 333 pages
Literacy & Math Centers Mega Bundle - 500+ pages
Literacy Centers Bundle - 200 + pages
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I would love for you to come back at some stage and rate my product. ♥
♦♦♦ PROVIDE FEEDBACK AND GAIN TPT CREDITS
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
♥BECOME A FOLLOWER
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about my store.
and like my Facebook page
for regular updates on freebies, sales and teaching ideas!