This resource provides many mix and match options for learning about the taiga (boreal forest) biome and the adaptations of plants and animals for living in the taiga, along with a mapping activity, questions for the different reading passages, and a fun color-by-number answer sheet your students will love! It's very low prep - you'd just need provide colored pencils or crayons. I get great feedback about how easy my reading/color-by-number products are for substitutes.
Two complete versions - one with U.S. spelling and one with UK spelling - are provided in this one pdf.
Simply choose and print the pages that are appropriate for your students.
• A one-page reading passage about the characteristics of the taiga biome
• A two-page reading passage about plant and animal adaptations for living in the taiga
• A map for students to use with an atlas (not included) to find and color the taiga regions of the northern hemisphere
• A set of questions to go with the combined taiga/taiga adaptions reading passages.
• A one page reading passage about brown bears – an iconic animal of the taiga
• A set of questions to go with the reading passage on brown bears
A fun color-by-number brown bear picture color coded to work with EITHER
the world taiga/adaptations questions OR the brown bears reading passage questions.
You can mix and match the reading passages, maps, questions, and color-by-number activities to best match the needs of your class and your students! Please take a minute to look at the preview, where you will see every page of this resource. It will give you a chance to make an informed decision about the suitability of this resource for your students.
Take a look at my Taiga Biome Video
, an original 7 min. video on the physical characteristics of the taiga and the adaptations of plants and animals for life in the taiga.
This product is part of a money saving Ecology Growing Bundle
You might also be interested in my Desert Biomes Reading, Mapping, Color-by-Number
• Provide paper copies of this resource to your own students forever.
• Use the color by number picture to make other activities such as vocabulary quizzes, for your own students, forever. (Just use the worksheets in this resource as a model for making your own.)
You may NOT:
• Use any part of this resource for your own commercial gain.
• Upload the digital file or any part of the digital file to any server or website, even password protected sites, for access by your students or anyone else.
See my other non-fiction reading passages and related resources HERE
See my other color by number science activities HERE
Connect with me by following My Blog
or by following me on Pinterest
Click on the green star near my logo to follow my TpT store and receive notifications of new product releases.
Did you know you can get credits to use on any purchase in any TpT store just by leaving feedback?
After you've used a product from a TpT seller, please take a minute to return to leave feedback. It's very much appreciated and it's an easy way to earn credits that save you money on your next purchase!